• Member of the Rotary Club of Ft. Lauderdale/Cypress Creek.
• Currently the President of the Rotary Club of Ft. Lauderdale/Cypress Creek.
• Originally from Illinois, Barbara has lived in Florida for the past 36 years and in South Florida since 2004.
• Barbara attended the University of South Florida and holds a Degree in Marketing and Advertising.
• She is married to her husband, Victor, who recently retired from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
• They have 4 children; Luna (31), Delaney (24), Jack (15), and Zoe (13).
• Barbara is the owner of BG Marketing, a boutique marketing consulting agency that helps small businesses with strategic planning, social media, and other marketing strategies.
• Barbara’s vision for District 6990 is to improve innovation to meet the goals of clubs and members, increase response agility during times of need, and enhance diversity among its members.
|FEBRUARY 23 to APRIL 23, 2022
ZONES 33/34 YOU'VE BEEN SERVED INITIATIVE
Sent to individual member email on February 15, 2022. You've Been Served Event will allow clubs in the Zones to demonstrate Rotary's motto of Service Above Self by performing acts of kindness and good deeds in their local communities. Clubs will work in conjunction with the Zones' Public Image team to advertise this event dedicated to service across the Zones. This event could become an annual event and may, one day, become international with Rotary Clubs all across the world participating.
See details in the following link: https://rotaryserves.org/about/
|SATURDAY, APRIL 16, 2022 - 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
VILLAGE OF ALLAPATTAH YMCA HEALTH NAVIGATION DISTRICT GRANT
Part of the YMCA Health Navigation Program is supported by District 6990 Grant funds and sponsored by the RC of Hallandale Beach-Aventura. Volunteers needed to register and guide fair visitors. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Diana Landero at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-648-7632. See flyers below for details.
Village of Allapattah, YMCA Family Center - 2370 NW 17th Ave, Miami, FL 33142
|SATURDAY, APRIL 16, 2022, 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
MIAMI MARLINS ROTARY SOCIAL / DINNER & BALL GAME @ 6:00 PM
Register Online: DACDB Official Website
Location: Marlins Park / LoanDepot Park - 501 Marlins Way, Miami, FL 33125
Date/Time: April 16, 2022 / 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM *Dinner & Ball Game at 6:00 pm.
All Rotarians (Note: All Club Presidents-Elect, Club Treasurer-Elect & Club Secretary-Elect are required to attend). We plan to have lunch provided and beverages & light snacks available during the day. As a special guest, at 2:30 pm, Kim Ng, General Manager of the Miami Marlins (first female GM in Major League Baseball) will speak to us! From 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm, the Miami Marlins will provide us a private area to gather for a ROTARY SOCIAL, including a dinner buffet to be provided in our private area of the Ballpark. At 6:00 pm, some of us will be escorted onto the field to lead the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance! At 6:10 pm, the baseball game begins. As a bonus, the Miami Marlins have included tickets to the game for all attendees in our private section. Additional tickets for the game will be available in the section next to us at a discounted rate for family, friends, prospective members, other club members, etc. These will be available shortly! And a limited amount of tickets to just the ROTARY SOCIAL, including the buffet, and baseball game for only $40.00. Additional information, pertaining to this event, will be sent in the near future.
|WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27, 2022 - 6:00 PM
HOPE 4 TOMORROW'S LEADERS REVERSE RAFFLE
Funding Scholarships and Children's Literacy. Davie-Cooper City Rotary Club. See flyer below for details.
SAVE THE DATE: MAY 5 to MAY 8, 2022
ROTARY ALIVE DISTRICT 6990 CONFERENCE / ORLANDO, FLORIDA
Registration for the conference will be featured in both the March and April issues of the District Newsletter, which members receive directly via email. Great opportunity for fellowship and promotion of our fundraising and service projects!
JUNE 4 to JUNE 8, 2022
INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION - HOUSTON, TX
Serve To Bring Peace: Click here for information and registration
|ONGOING GLOBAL GRANT: CLEAN WATER NABOA CELL VILLAGE in BUDAKA, UGANDA|