Funds for this GG were electronically transferred on December 24, 2020 from The Rotary Foundation to the bank account in Guatemala established by our “Host” Rotary Club of La Antigua. Construction has been on-going, and the following is a summary of completed operations as of the end of March:
• The water collection boxes were built and are completed now.
• 3 aerial pipe systems have been installed, necessary to support the water line over deep ravines.
• 2 reinforced concrete tanks of 150,000 liters are under construction (39,625 gallons).
• Constant supervision of the work by the ABPD engineer.
• Trainings for both adults and children in hygiene and water use.
• Gray water filters are under construction.
• Water has been pumped into the new distribution tank, but not yet piped to the households.
Funds to cover the GG have been contributed, mailed to The Rotary Foundation, and have been transferred to the RC of La Antigua. Due to a severe shortage of PVC piping, the purchase of these items has been on an extremely limited basis. As construction proceeds, further progress reports will be sent. The photo below shows members of the village Water Committee participate in the “first rock ceremony” which signifies the start of the project and is comparable to a “groundbreaking ceremony” in the USA. The other photos show the leveling of the land where the reinforced concrete distribution tank will be located.
XETONOX, COMALAPA - Global Grant #2122094 R/Y 2021-2022
Our 11th Global Grant has been submitted, reviewed and approved by TRF, designated for this village. Funding will be requested from clubs starting after July 1, 2021 since this GG has been designated for Rotary Year 2021-2022.